There will be some room changes for the optimisation session (due to construction work and noise):
- Wednesday 15:30-18:00 Engineering North N158
- Thursday 8:30-10:30 Engineering North N158
- Friday 13:30-18:00 Lower Napier LG28
The 62nd Annual Meeting of the Australian Mathematical Society will be held at the University of Adelaide, South Australia, at the North Terrace Campus, and will run from the 4th to the 7th of December. Talks from all areas of mathematics are welcome.
The latest version of the AustMS 2018 Booklet is now available for download. This contains information about the conference and details of all the talks.
The Conference Dinner will be held on the 6th of December at the National Wine Centre of Australia. The venue will open at 7 pm for a 7:30 pm start.
For any questions about the Conference, please contact us via .
You can also download a copy of the conference poster to decorate your walls with.
Annual General Meeting
The sixty-second Annual General Meeting of the Australian Mathematical Society will be held at 2 pm on Thursday 6th December in the Horace Lamb Lecture Theatre.
Further details, including the agenda, reports to be presented to the meeting and details of a Special Resolution to change the Society's Constitution are available on the Annual General Meeting page.
The Early-Career Workshop will be held on the 2nd and 3rd of December, including dinner on Sunday evening. The theme of this year's ECW will be "Making the most of your PhD: now and for your future career." Registration for the 2018 ECW is done as part of the registration of the Australian Mathematical Society Annual Meeting. The workshop will be held at the Barcoo Function Centre, West Beach, Adelaide. Shared accommodation for participants will be provided at Adelaide Shores Resort, adjacent to the Function Centre.
Student Support Scheme
Student members of AustMS can access funding to attend AustMS 2018 through the AustMS Student Support Scheme. Applications must be made through the form available on the Student Support Scheme website. Students must register and pay for the Conference in addition to applying for the Student Support Scheme, and must present a talk at the Conference.
WIMSIG General Meeting and Women in Mathematical Sciences DinnerProgram
The Women in Mathematical Sciences Dinner will be held at The Playford, 120 North Tce, Adelaide, on the evening of Monday 3 December and is free to all participants, regardless of gender or membership of WIMSIG. Registration and drinks will be available from 6:15 pm with dinner commencing at 6:45 pm. The purpose of the dinner is to support women, and particularly early career researchers, to enter and establish careers in mathematics. Come along to hear about the careers of the AustMS 2018 female plenary speakers, to discuss issues concerning women in mathematics in Australia, and to network with fellow WIMSIG members and supporters.
Due to space restrictions there are only a limited number of tickets available, so make sure to register early if you wish to attend, and please only register for the Dinner if you are planning to attend. Further details are available on the associated events page.
The annual WIMSIG General Meeting will be held from 5 pm to 6 pm on the 3rd of December, just prior to the Women in Mathematical Sciences Dinner. As with the dinner, anyone interested in WIMSIG activities is welcome to attend. The venue is room H6-03 on Level 6 of the Hawke Building, City West Campus, University of South Australia, 55 North Tce, Adelaide.
Anne Penfold Street Awards
The AustMS WIMSIG Anne Penfold Street Awards provide additional financial support to Australian mathematicians for their caring responsibilities, while they travel for conferences or research visits to collaborators, with approximately four Awards awarded annually. The potential uses of these Awards include, but are not limited to, short-term childcare or professional carers for elderly relatives. These Awards are open to individuals studying/working/living in Australia, regardless of gender, or members of organizing committees for mathematics/statistics conferences to be held in Australia. The Awards are funded by the Australian Mathematical Society (AustMS) and are an initiative of the AustMS Women in Mathematics Special Interest Group (WIMSIG), which administers them. Awards are determined on a competitive basis by a selection committee of distinguished mathematicians, appointed by the Executive Committee of WIMSIG.
Applications for AustMS 2018 must be submitted by the 1st of October 2018 if assessment prior to the conference is required. Applications may also be submitted for assessment in the round immediately following the conference, which closes on the 1st of April 2019. Further details on applying are available on the Anne Penfold Street Awards website.
Cheryl E. Praeger Travel Awards
The AustMS WIMSIG Cheryl E. Praeger Travel Awards are designed to provide full or partial support for Australian female mathematicians to attend conferences or to visit collaborators, with approximately eight domestic Travel Awards and four international Travel Awards awarded annually. The Awards are funded by the Australian Mathematical Society (AustMS) and are an initiative of the AustMS Women in Mathematics Special Interest Group (WIMSIG), which administers them.
Applications for AustMS 2018 must be submitted by the 1st of October 2018 if assessment prior to the conference is required. Applications may also be submitted for assessment in the round immediately following the conference, which closes on the 1st of April 2019. Further details on applying are available on the Cheryl E. Praeger Travel Awards website.
|Registration opens||2 July 2018|
|Early-bird registration closes||31 October 2018|
|Abstract submission closes||9 November 2018|
|Registration closes||2 December 2018|
|AustMS Conference||4-7 December 2018|
NewsTweets by AustMS2018
- Thomas Leistner (University of Adelaide) – Director
- Sanjeeva Balasuriya (University of Adelaide) – Sessions
- David Baraglia (University of Adelaide) – Sessions
- Luke Bennetts (University of Adelaide) – ECR Workshop
- Judith Bunder (University of Adelaide) – WIMSIG Dinner
- Barry Cox (University of Adelaide) – Treasurer
- Peter Hochs (University of Adelaide) – Secretary
- Melissa Humphries (University of Adelaide) – WIMSIG Dinner
- Giang Nguyen (University of Adelaide) – Sponsorship
- David Roberts (University of Adelaide) – Volunteers
- Guo Chuan Thiang (University of Adelaide) – Booklet
- Ray Vozzo (University of Adelaide) – Education Afternoon
- Lewis Mitchell (University of Adelaide) – Debate Organiser
- Andrew Black (University of Adelaide) – Conference Poster Design
- Hayden Tronnolone (University of Adelaide) – Website
- Allison Dinan (University of Adelaide) – Administrative support
- Sharyn Liersch (University of Adelaide) – Administrative support
- Madelaine Veltman (University of Adelaide) – Administrative support
- John Banks (University of Melbourne) – Registration System
- Ben Burton (University of Queensland)
- Alan Carey (Australian National University)
- Julie Clutterbuck (Monash University)
- Alice Devillers (University of Western Australia)
- Peter Forrester (University of Melbourne)
- Gary Froyland (University of New South Wales)
- Vladimir Gaitsgory (Maquarie)
- Thomas Leistner (University of Adelaide)
- Giang Nguyen (University of Adelaide)
- Jacqui Ramagge (University of Sydney)
- Lesley Ward (University of South Australia)