The 62nd Annual Meeting of the Australian Mathematical Society will be held at the University of Adelaide, South Australia, and will run from the 4th to the 7th of December. Talks from all areas of mathematics are welcome.
For any questions about the Conference, please contact us via .
Student Support Scheme
Student members of AustMS can access funding to attend AustMS 2018 through the AustMS Student Support Scheme. Applications must be made through the form available on the Student Support Scheme website. Students must register and pay for the Conference in addition to applying for the Student Support Scheme, and must present a talk at the Conference.
WIMSIG Business Meeting and Women in Mathematical Sciences Dinner
The WIMSIG Women in Mathematical Sciences Dinner will be held on Monday, the 3rd of December and is free to all participants, regardless of gender or membership of WIMSIG. The purpose of the dinner is to support women, and particularly early career researchers, to enter and establish careers in mathematics. Come along to hear about the careers of the AustMS 2018 female plenary speakers, to discuss issues concerning women in mathematics in Australia, and to network with fellow WIMSIG members and supporters.
Due to space restrictions there are only a limited number of tickets available, so make sure to register early if you wish to attend, and please only register for the Dinner if you are planning to attend. Further details are available on the associated events page.
The annual WIMSIG Business Meeting will also be held on the 3rd of December, just prior to the Women in Mathematical Sciences Dinner. As with the dinner, anyone interested in WIMSIG activities is welcome to attend.
|Registration opens||2 July 2018|
|Early-bird registration closes||28 September 2018|
|Abstract submission closes||16 November 2018|
|Registration closes||2 December 2018|
|AustMS Conference||4-7 December 2018|
Childcare details will be announced soon.
- Thomas Leistner (University of Adelaide) – Director
- Sanjeeva Balasuriya (University of Adelaide) – Sessions
- David Baraglia (University of Adelaide) – Sessions
- Luke Bennetts (University of Adelaide) – ECR Workshop
- Judith Bunder (University of Adelaide) – WIMSIG Dinner
- Barry Cox (University of Adelaide) – Treasurer
- Peter Hochs (University of Adelaide) – Secretary
- Melissa Humphries (University of Adelaide) – WIMSIG Dinner
- Giang Nguyen (University of Adelaide) – Sponsorship
- David Roberts (University of Adelaide) – Volunteers
- Guo Chuan Thiang (University of Adelaide) – Booklet
- Ray Vozzo (University of Adelaide) – Education Afternoon
- Hayden Tronnolone (University of Adelaide) – Website
- John Banks (University of Melbourne) – Registration
- Ben Burton (University of Queensland)
- Alan Carey (Australian National University)
- Julie Clutterbuck (Monash University)
- Alice Devillers (University of Western Australia)
- Peter Forrester (University of Melbourne)
- Gary Froyland (University of New South Wales)
- Vladimir Gaitsgory (Maquarie)
- Thomas Leistner (University of Adelaide)
- Giang Nguyen (University of Adelaide)
- Jacqui Ramagge (University of Sydney)
- Lesley Ward (University of South Australia)